Check out these awesome events in Excelsior this month!
- October 5-October 31 – Mask Contest. Decorate your own COVID-19 face covering into an inspired Halloween theme mask. Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 31st
- October 23-24 – Emily John Photography Doggie Halloween Costume Contest. Will your dog have the cutest costume? During this free activity all participants will receive a digital copy of the photo (or photos) during your session. The contest will follow October 26-31 on Instagram at @emilyjohnphotography and the doggies with the most votes will receive prizes, free photos, and fame (of course!)
- October 24 – Business & Storefront Decorating Contest. We kicked this off last year and it was a HUGE success. Show us your spookiest storefront! Judges will go around at Noon on Saturday, October 24th. The winner will receive 1 year of free Chamber membership for 2021.
- October 24-31 – Halloween Scavenger Hunt. Adults and kids alike will come throughout the week to find the seasonal clues throughout Excelsior businesses and beyond. Businesses not in downtown Excelsior are welcome to participate!
- October 24-31 – Halloween Specials. Come enjoy Halloween themed shopping specials and menu items exclusive to Halloweek!
- October 31, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. – Kid’s Halloween Stop at Pique Travel. Kids and their families are invited to stop in at Pique Travel for costume photos and fun Halloween-themed activities.
How can you get involved?
- Decorate Your Business/Storefront. We had so much fun last year with all of the creativity people showed through the decorating contest. If you want to participate let me know by Tuesday, October 20th via via firstname.lastname@example.org. Judges will stop by all participants on Saturday, October 24th at noon. Winners will be announced on Halloween, Saturday, October 31st.
- Halloween Specials. If you’d like to include a Halloween-themed menu item, shopping special or other fun way to integrate Halloweek and Halloween into your business, we’d love it! Just send over the details to me via email@example.com by Thursday, October 8th.
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt. We’ll provide the Halloween themed item (think purple bat or a haunting ghost) for the scavenger hunt, you just need to display it in your storefront window or inside your business. Again, this is open to all businesses even if you aren’t located in downtown Excelsior. If you want to participate, email me via firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, October 8th. Please indicate whether your clue will be visible without having to go indoors.
- Halloween Themed Activities. As you can see by the schedule above, we’ve already had some businesses come up with additional activities they want to include during Halloweek. If you have an idea or something your business is already doing that you would like publicized, just let me know via via email@example.com by October 8th for your to be guaranteed to be included in all marketing efforts.