As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, our team’s highest priority is focusing on the well-being and safety of clients, families and other people involved in day to day real estate operations. We are taking measures to respond to this pandemic while we continue to serve your real estate needs. During this rapidly evolving crisis, we have been monitoring developments closely and are following all recommendations of the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state and local governments, The Minnesota Association of Realtors, The National Association of Realtors and RE/MAX International. We remain open and operational and have been helping our clients list their homes and still show properties. I have been receiving a lot of calls the past week wondering how things are going. First and foremost our team and our families are ALL healthy! Here are a few things we are doing during this time and a few updates:
- If any of our clients show any symptoms of coughing or have a fever, we are postponing appointments to minimize any unnecessary risks.
- We are only having our sellers allow for only one showing at a time.
- Open Houses are being discouraged until April 2nd. Our team has chosen not to do them at this time.
- I am (along with my family and our team) are washing our hands often and using hand sanitizer after we touch anything that is outside of our home.
- We are asking visitors (Buyers) to consider a “hands-in-their-pocket stance” during showings.
- We are also asking the sellers to leave the lights on for the showings and asking the buyers and buyers agents to leave them on (sellers will turn off when they come home). If you are an out of state seller, we will take care of this for you.
- We are also asking the sellers to disinfect surfaces, doorknobs and faucet handles after showings.
- We are able to do a lot of business remotely via email, phone of video conferencing.
- We have a new amendment for purchase agreements adding language for purchase agreements in case either buyer or seller contract the COVID-19 virus or there is a delay in closing due to government shut downs, or “stay put” orders that are in place.
- We are still selling homes, listing homes and we are even seeing multiple offers this week!
- We are seeing a slowdown in showings nationwide. However, there are people out there that have sold their home and your home could be the one and they want to take advantage of the low rates!
- We are also helping sellers prepare for listing their house in the near future and doing remote consultations, remote signings, and remote staging.
- Because Excelsior Realty cares about everyone’s health, we’re taking extra precautions and asking that only buyers and sellers attend closings, or take advantage of our flex closing options where you can pre-sign, or have a package sent to you.
Our system that allows us Realtors to schedule showings is also being proactive. Here is what pops up on all showings for agents before they are approved:
“COVID-19: Due to nationwide concerns about COVID-19 and as a courtesy to home sellers, please do not schedule showings if the buyer’s agent or buyer exhibits cold/flu-like symptoms or meets any of the criteria for self-quarantine mandated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. By proceeding with scheduling a showing, you are acknowledging this requirement and agreeing you are not aware of any issues of this nature.”
We remain committed to you during these challenging times and will continue to provide the same level of quality service that you have come to expect from Excelsior Realty. This, as anything else, will subside and we hope to be back to “normal” in as little time as possible. We hope that you and your loved ones are and will remain safe and healthy. For more updates, follow us on Facebook where we will be posting information and updates as it relates to the real estate industry. We are Excelsior Real Estate Inc on Facebook.
I hope this helps and please let me know if you have other concerns, or how I can help you right now.